Today’s guest is Corey Philip. Corey is a home service industry entrepreneur and the founder of HomeProSuccess.com — an online resource focused on the growth and marketing of businesses in the trades.
In this episode, we are talking about how to compete against big-name competitors who have commoditized home service, how to stop ringing doorbells and get a steady influx of new customers.
What you will learn
- What lead Corey to start a service business at age 21
- Why Corey decided on a home service business
- How absent structure and process was the cause of major frustrations
- The major hurdles to overcome in the home service industry.
- How to reach out to get a mentor and how it can boost your business
- How describing your customer in details helped Corey narrow down his services offered in his home service business.
- Why considering a narrow set of services, be aware of who your customers should be and have easy a service can be communicated and sold.
- Getting hiring and retention of staff under control and why this is paramount in a home service business.
- The best way to get customer referrals
- The sales-and-close process that Corey developed that drive constant leads and sales for his home service business (“sales-process-on-a-tablet” that tell the company story).
- How Corey is using Facebook Ads to build a constant influx of leads that has enabled him to scale his business to multiple locations.
Resources mentioned in this episode