Listen to this episode
Let me know when a new podcast episode is released.
Fighting back from lost clients, no income, and an eviction notice, Jake 3 months later, managed to get back on his feet through contacting his network, selling and pure perseverance.
Jake Jorgovan is the founder of outboundcreative.com and JakeJorgovan.com, where he helps companies building their sales muscle and win clients, that fit their service. He has been a professional web designer and marketer, for the past 10+ years, and also hosts the podcast titled “Working without pants”.
He is the Author of “Win your dream clients” How to identify them, reach out to them and win your dream client and offers you a free 10-day email crash course on how to win your dream clients.
What you will learn:
- How Jake used to be motivated by success, money, fame, prestige, and influence. Now he’s focused on how to benefit others, how he can be of value, and work as little as possible.
- How Jake discovered his strength and realized that an agency was the right thing for him.
- How stoicism and inspiration by Tim Ferris, at an early age, helped Jake handle fear when starting his business and recover when he lost all income.
- Why financial management is really key when you are an entrepreneur.
- Why Jake’s first hour of every day focuses on marketing and networking and why it needs to be.
- How Jake generate income in 3 different ways from clients
- 3-4 clients paying 3-5.000 a month
- How Jake started his own business at age 19th
- How Jake pivoted from his first agency with 7 employees to using freelancers.
- How starting your own business is relatively easier with an agency.
- Why GOAL SETTING is fundamental to be successful and why they need to be attainable to ensure they are motivating, and how to do it.
- What is next for Jake
- Jake’s take on what we need to realize before we launch our entrepreneurial journey.
The most important things to know about selling– If you are sick and go to visit a doctor, you would expect the doctor to follow up with you to make sure you get better. The same is the situation as a consultant. – Jake Jargovan
Connect with Jake Jorgovan
Free eBook “Focused creator” about goal setting on jakejargovan.com
Books mentioned by Jake Jorgovan
David Allen (book) Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity
A ranking system for scoring clients as to whether they are a good fit for your agency.
Mike Michalowicz (audio book) The Pumpkin Plan: A Simple Strategy to Grow a Remarkable Business in Any Field
Jake is using Morning Pages Julia Cameron http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/
Simon Sinek: “Start with Why” https://startwithwhy.com
← Morten Middelfart: How love for Business Intelligence, Palm Trees & Skydiving created a serial entrepreneur & dream lifePaul Maskill, Mr. How-to-scale-your-business, from employment to 4 franchises. →