Learn how today’s guest, Mark Asquith, started his first business at the age of 20 but shot down his business 9 months later with 20.000 pounds in debt.
Determined to succeed he started a new business, but this time with a few friend, a business which is still going strong.
Mark is hesitant to accept the title of “entrepreneur”, so we will just say he started 3 successful businesses.
“How Mark started building websites because his band needed a one, and refused to pay 800 pounds for it. His granddad gave him a computer and a changed. creer was ignited“
Before starting his own business, he was working his music talent successfully but at the same time struggling to find a “career”, got shivers thinking about a desk job, so in his 20’ies he moved into freelancing but eventually worked himself too hard and found himself burned out.
That was when he decided to start a web design agency with a few friends and has honed his business skills and character since then.
Today he is a keynote speaker, avid and praised podcaster
- Founder of HACKSAW, a design, brand & web agency,
- Co/founder of podcastwebsites.com a WordPress platform specific for podcasters.
- Founder of excellence-expected.com, where he freely shares his life experiences with business owners and new entrepreneurs, how to navigate their life, built their product and launch their business.
Building his businesses has taught him how to automate and scale a business and have used it to design the lifestyle of his dreams and inspire others to do the same.
Please visit excellence-expected.com, it will blow your mind I promise you.
Some questions I ask:
Soren S Hansen: What habits have you had to eliminate on your journey to becoming an entrepreneur?
Mark Asquith: Oh yes, X-Box 😃
- What is your relationship with the word “Entrepreneur”?
- Was becoming an entrepreneur everything you thought it would be?
- How do you manage to stay focused and move the needle of your business?
- Do you have any daily routine that contributes to your success?
What you will learn:
- What drove Mark to become an entrepreneur despite fear and self-doubt.
- How failing your first business is not a “label” or prediction of your future success but just a valuable lesson to learn from.
- How to stay extremely focused on what will move your business to the next level.
- How self-motivation is key as an entrepreneur, and how Mark is motivating himself.
- How Mark is still dealing with imposter syndrome every time he takes his business to his next level.
- How Mark started building websites because his band needed a one and refused to pay 800 pounds for it. His granddad gave him a computer and a changed. career was ignited.
- What Mark’s destination for himself has always been.
- Where Mark gets his inspiration from.
- Mark’s advice on the ONE Thing is that will make the biggest shift towards starting our entrepreneurial journey.
Head over to excellence-expected.com to grab amazing FREE resources to build your first product and launch your business PLUS free coaching Fridays. Don’t miss it.
Mark’s Podcast – 7-minute mentor
Benjamin T. Hardy – “8 things every person should do before 8 am”
Mark on Twitter – @MrAsquith
Mark’s design and brand agency – HACKSAW Studio