Why Darieth left as popular NBC news anchor for 20 years, went on a rocky path to create her own successful business and lifestyle. But why?
Darieth Chisolm is an Emmy Award-winning television personality and the former news anchor for 20 years at NBC in Pittsburg Pennsylvania.
She has been an entrepreneur, author, speaker, life and business coach for almost 25 years now, where she helps women step into the spotlight, carve out their niche, and design the life and business they dream of.
She is the author of the book HUSTLE: "Why Now is the Time to Unleash your Passions” AND has delivered a series of in-person premium workshops for aspiring women entrepreneurs.
Today we will discuss the details around how she created her live workshops to generate an extra 5 figure income.
"We get caught up in making things perfect and they don’t need to be. Done is better than perfect". - Darieth Chisolm
Some questions I ask
- How many ways do you generate an income from how you help clients today?
- What drove you to start your own business?
- How long did it take for you to generate an income in your new business?
- How do you handle distractions and shiny objects in your personal and business life today
- How did your realize you wanted to build a business and not just a job for yourself?
- How did you transition to entrepreneurship, did you have savings, moonlighting or income from your side-business?
- How long did it take you to generate the income level you needed to sustain yourself?
- When did you land your first sales?
- Did you have anyone around trying to talk you out of giving up your secure job?
- What hard realization is it we need to do we need to make before we make the leap into entrepreneurship?
What you will learn
- Darieth’s workshop formula, "5 steps method to 5K a day", workshop approach to building you brand.
- WHY Darieth Chisolm decided to start her own business and leaving her great job of 20 years as news anchor at NBC News.
- How Darieth started her own business and how that initially generated her an income.
- How Darieth handles “shiny objects” and how controlling it, helped her pivot her income in her new business.
"Meditation, visualization, and affirmation is daily rhythm that I need to stay focused" - Darieth Chisolm
- How mentors benefit from mentors.
- How Darieth managed to pay the bills when she decided to start her own business.
- Why an abundant mindset is necessary to build and grow an income in your business, and how it helps.
"You get what you focus on. What you focus on expands." - Darieth Chisolm
- How Darieth realized that “live events” was a great success for her business and how this could be an income generating product, that others could benefit from.
- Use live events to build relations and market your product. Start with as small an audience as needed for you to feel comfortable. If it’s around a table with 3-5 people, then do that.
- My video podcast Academy, was a flop, using her background as a product, but no one wanted that.
- What Darieth’s take is on what you need to face before you leap into you entrepreneurial journey.
Book a FREE 20-minute clarity session with Darieth one-on-one at https://dariethchisolm/clarity
10% OFF on Darieth's course "5 Days to 5 figures"
Visit http://www.dariethchisolm.com/workshopseries and enter "soren" in the promo code, to get 10% off.
Darieth Chisolm’s Book: Hustle: Why Now is the Time to Unleash Your Passions
Article: "Stop Overthinking Small Decisions" by Alex Turnbull @ Groove HQ
Darieth Chisolm's favorite books:
Mariam Williamson - The Law of Divine Compensation: On Work, Money, and Miracles
Connect with Darieth Chisolm:
Web - www.dariethchisolm.com