Learn how Søren Nielsen and 2 friends and co-founders of Ernit.com, Mads Tangel and Thomas Bjerring, discovered their entrepreneurial idea, waived goodbye to paycheck and embarked on a journey of uncertainty, always in doubt and always out of their comfort zone.
How they stayed committed and learned how to deal with the massive emotional ups and downs of being an entrepreneur.
As an entrepreneur you have to learn to deal with always being out of your comfort zone, and learn as you go. - Søren NielsenTweet This
In 2013, the three founders, who are all fathers, by the way, decided to develop a product that would help kids learn the value of money.
After more than 200 pitches in 12 months, to investors, they got enough funding to make solid product validation and launch Kickstarter campaign.
Living for 12 months on savings and no pay, they were selected among 10.000 applications for the TechStars Barclay Accelerator Program, in New York, which helped them build an amazing network of mentors and access to funding … plus a contract with a major global bank.
In 2016 Ernit.com moved into the facilities of Singularity University community in Copenhagen, first outside of Silicon Valley together with many other startups.
Before entering the uncertain life of entrepreneurship, with a wife and two kids, leaving the monthly paycheck behind, our guest was a distinguished journalist and editor in chief for a major financial newspaper and magazine in Denmark.
What you will learn:
- How Ernit delivered more than 200 pitches in a year to get the first round of funding.
- How Ernit used the first funding to validate the product on Kickstarter, before building a demo.
- Why Ernit applied for TechStars Accelerator program.
- What the TechStars experience is like, first hand.
- How Soren is experiencing doubt and how he deals with it, and the importance of detailing the “WHY”.
- How the co-founders have found their roles in a startup, what you are good and what makes you happy.
- The ONE Thing we can do today, that will have the biggest shift towards starting our entrepreneurial journey.
Website: Ernit.com – Check out the world’s first digital piggy bank
LinkedIn: Ernit – Follow the latest updates from Soren Nielsen and Ernit.com
Apple APP Store: Ernit – Download the Ernit APP for iOS right here.
Read about Ernit and other startups at Barclay’s Techstars NYC Class of 2016
To know more about Ernit, visit, spotlight-on-ernits-journey
Guy Kawasaki – The Only 10 Slides You Need in Your Pitch
After Soren’s more than 200 pitches, here is Soren’s “5 Tips for your next pitch”